Trip Time: 16:15 hours
Activity Type: Running / Scrambling / Rappelling
Trip Result: Successful
Rating: * * * * *
Road Conditions: Mostly up the Squamish valley road with a short 3km stint on their Mamquam FSR. My 2WD Pontiac vibe had no issues.
Route Conditions: Very good but this will change by the day.
Check out some of our teams other adventures
Because Tantalus Traverse highly depends on conditions and these change year to year, here is a list of things I would look to consider and learn about before attempting the traverse. Please seek out advise from guides or locals who may have been up there already, consider even taking a flight to check out conditions from above.
- Sigurd creek water crossing level
- Snow level on the back of pelion
- Snow bridge getting onto the rock gulley on Zenith
- Is the main ridge melted out
- Rap system familiarity - see descent beta here
- Moat size getting onto the snow below Dione
- Glacier coverage on Dione after the Dione gulley descent
Tantalus Traverse Timings
3:45 to Pelion
6 to the Zenith bergshrund
8 to the Tantalus summit
11:30 to the Habrul hut
13:45 to the Russian army camp
14:45 to Lake lovely water
16:15 to finish
Tantalus Traverse Water
We were able to find water at the Pelion river crossing, a lake on the Pelion to Zenith ridge, a trickle at both the choss gulley on Zenith and the choss gulley before the Tantalus sub summit. The hut was closed so we used a small stream behind the hut, the russian army camp and lake lovely water.